Sunday, October 24, 2010

The "Falling" Problem

Everyone knows that fall has nestled itself in our backyards. most people gawk and stare at the pretty colors and take pictures of of trees they've never seen before. However fall is something completely different for people like me. Generally the change in season marks higher risk for injury and elevated awareness for some of the silly things people do. I'm not saying not to enjoy fall, but be careful. When it rains this season please, for the love of God, wipe your feet. that is what those fancy carpets are for in front of the doors. They are not decorations, the have a use. Generally when I'm asked about the problems I face at college as a disabled student I say this: " it is not outside, but inside that is the concern." when the weather gets bad people fail to realize what they track inside. They kick up leaves, create mud puddles, and generally make it difficult to move around inside. It is like walking through a maze except if I go off the beaten path I will face plant in the mess you just created. so I beg of you, be mindful of me. I would rather not be known as the girl who got a black eye from the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment